ROW80 Check-in for October 12th
Some of my regulars may not have noticed the new page I posted here for the “Round of Words in 80 Day” or “ROW80” writing challenge, but it is time for my next check in. If you would like to know about the particulars, look at that page for further details. I just joined in for the fourth round which began last week. There are many participants and it is a great way to keep track of your writing goals. I’m enjoying the challenge so far, and love that everyone is so great about checking in with each other. It helps motivate you to meet the goals you set for yourself! For a recap, I will list the things I have set out to do each week. This is the mid-way point, so they don’t have to be fully met yet.
1) Write 2,000 words a week. That comes out to approximately 285 words a day. If I can do more, that is great, but this is the minimum.
2) Post at least two blogs a week. I’m not one of those people who can do them every day, but twice a week is reasonable for me. I will also be posting my two check-ins here in addition to that.
3) Edit/revise at least ten pages of my WIP each week.
4) Read one book a week and write a review.
Progress for October 12th mid-week check-in:
1) I wrote about 900 words so far on my WIP. Also, wrote another 1500 words for background/bios on upcoming characters that doesn’t count toward the actual manuscript.
2) Already posted two blogs this week and I’m doing the first check-in now.
3) I edited/revised nine pages of my WIP so far.
4) Have not started reading the book for this week, but I have picked which one to read and plan to start today.
In summary, I’m feeling pretty good about my progress so far. Some days are easier to get motivated than others. Hopefully, I will be able to fully meet my goals by Sunday at the next check-in. I also plan to add one more thing for the next one. There are a couple of other writers that I exchange critiques with for WIPs. It will help keep me on track for doing them if I have that as a goal as well. Never hurts to have it listed since it is something I need to get done fairly often.
Thanks to everyone who has stopped by to encourage me so far. It has been greatly appreciated. I definitely get motivation from your comments!