ROW80 Check-in for October 19th
At this point, everyone should be familiar with my participation in ROW80, but if you aren’t, here is the page explaining it in further detail. My week started off a bit slow, with only getting some reading done on Sunday. Then for the last two days I worked on my WIP a lot. Mostly adding to the word count and doing a little revising. I’m pleased with my progress so far, but just hit a snag on one of my plot points. Not sure how I’m going to fix it and I’ve been pondering since yesterday. It will come to me, somehow. I tried getting my husband to talk it out with me, but he isn’t interested. Guess I should be happy he supports my writing at all by leaving me alone when I’m working on it (assuming he isn’t hungry or doesn’t need something). His big solution was to watch a movie and maybe the idea of how to fix my plot hang-up would come to me. Maybe it isn’t a bad idea, I might try that tonight. Anyway, here is my list of goals revisited, followed by my progress so far:
1) Write 2,000 words a week. That comes out to approximately 285 words a day. If I can do more, that is great, but this is the minimum.
2) Post at least two blogs a week. I’m not one of those people who can do them every day, but twice a week is reasonable for me. I will also be posting my two check-ins here in addition to that.
3) Edit/revise at least ten pages of my WIP each week.
4) Read one book a week and write a review.
5) Spend at least two hours working on critiques for other people’s WIPs, if I have any to do. This one just got added, but will be included in all future posts.
Results for the first half of this week:
1) Wrote 3500 words total on my WIP. Well over my goal already, but I’m hoping to get some more in the second half.
2) Posted one blog this week so far where I reviewed “water”. Apparently that gave a few people a good laugh. Thanks to those who commented. I’ll also be posting the writing contest in the next day or two since it is about that time of the month. That will be my second post for the week.
3) Edited/Revised five pages on my WIP. Half-way there!
4) Read some on Sunday, but got distracted by my WIP after that. Since I’m stuck at the moment, it might be a good time to get some more reading in.
6) Spent several hours working on a critique for someone else’s WIP and got it finished. She should have received it in her email today! Now I can work on the other critique I need to do 🙂
That is everything. A fairly productive week so far. Thanks to all for your encouragement. You have no idea how much it helps!