ROW80 Check-in for October 23rd
It is that time again for another check-in. My week has been rather productive. I focused on different goals during the later half, but it all worked out. For those of you who read the Wednesday check-in, you know I got stuck on a plot point after exceeding my word-count goals for the week. Not much progress on working that out since then, but this is mostly due to my taking a breather from it. A lot of people advised that it would be good to take a step back and do other things so I could return to the plot problem with a fresh look. Needless to say, that is what I’m doing, and hope to have it resolved in the next day or two so I can get back to writing! Thank you to those who provided sound advice. Anyway, here are the goals again, followed by my progress this week:
1) Write 2,000 words a week. That comes out to approximately 285 words a day. If I can do more, that is great, but this is the minimum.
2) Post at least two blogs a week. I’m not one of those people who can do them every day, but twice a week is reasonable for me. I will also be posting my two check-ins here in addition to that.
3) Edit/revise at least ten pages of my WIP each week.
4) Read one book a week and write a review.
5) Spend at least two hours working on critiques for other people’s WIPs, if I have any to do. This one just got added, but will be included in all future posts.
1) Wrote 3500 word at the early part of the week, but made no progress on the later part. This is fine since I still went over by 1500 words on my goal.
2) Posted three more blogs, in addition to the one early this week, for a total of four (not counting these check-ins). They were all primarily reviews of various stuff. Since people are finding my opinions of mundane things entertaining, I will be keeping this up. I just got a request in for a review of “dirt” that I will be doing in the next day or two. I’m open to further suggestions if anyone has any. It is really helping me to improve my creative writing!
3) Edited/revised the ten page minimum on my WIP. I was hoping for more, but didn’t manage it.
4) Finished reading the book I started and got the review posted on Amazon last night. Would have had it posted on the blog last night too, but was apparently rather tired and forgot to hit the “publish” button on my blog after writing it. I didn’t realize until this morning. Goofy me! Already started reading the book for this week since I’m in need of a vampire fix. Can’t go without those types of books for long 🙂
5) Already finished the one critique I had set for this week. Plan to work on the other one during this coming week.
I am thankful to say all my goals were met and some exceeded. It is a great feeling! Thanks to everyone who has stopped by and left encouragement.