Let’s talk Vampires!
In honor of my favorite TV show, “Vampire Diaries,” coming back from hiatus tomorrow night (Thursday), I’m going to bring up the topic of great vampire series to follow. Might have to bring this up again when True Blood comes back on, but that is months away. I know not all of you follow the paranormal genre so feel free to bow out on this one if vamps aren’t for you. Everyone else should keep on reading. So that you know, I’m focusing on adult series for this blog post, rather than stand alone books or YA, so if I leave any novels out, that is the reason for it. Not trying to upset anyone.
Now, we all have our favorites and are often looking for more. This is a chance to share the paranormal series that you love and want to tell others about. So what is the big deal with series? They are great because you can keep following the characters as they go on new adventures. None of that feeling of wanting more and never getting it. I’m a sucker for them. Below, I’m going to list some of the top favorites that I like, and you can feel free to agree, disagree, or add your own in the comments section below.
1) The Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost (my current favorite of them all)
2) The Chicagoland Vampires Series by Chloe Neill
3) The Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews (the vamps aren’t quite as prominent in this one, but it’s really good)
4) The Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs (this focuses on werewolves but has vamps too)
5) The Guild Hunter Series by Nalini Singh (focuses on Angels, but plenty of vamps too)
6) The Blood Destiny Series by Connie Suttle
7) The Secret McQueen Series by Sierra Dean
8) Dark Angels Series by Keri Arthur (mixture of the paranormal species)
9)The Bloodhound Files by DD Barant
10) The Jane Yellowrock Series by Faith Hunter
11) The Demonica Series by Larissa Ione (focuses on demons but has vamps too)
12) The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward
13) Georgina Kincaid Series by Richelle Mead (main character is a succubus but there are demons, vamps, angels and others in this one)
14) The Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon (she has a race that are a lot like vampires in this one plus many others)
15) The Vampire Bride Series by Rhiannon Frater
All of the series are linked to the first book for them in case anyone is interested. These are in no particular order of how much I enjoyed them other than the first one. I just listed them as I thought of them. Also, there are some series I haven’t finished yet so didn’t put them here as favorites until I’m further along. Any books that are written to be series, but don’t have sequels yet like Dicey Grenor’s Narcoleptic Vampire Series (which is really good, by the way) is not on the above list but I’ll be happy to add it when the next novel comes out!
I also did not include any series that do not have vampires (or some kind of version of vamps) in them at all. Of course there are some other great paranormal books/series out there such as The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning, but it didn’t fit my criteria so it had to be left out. We can save that for a later topic 🙂
Now it’s your turn. Share the books you like whether they are indie or trad published. I’ll look forward to hearing about them! Oh, and you can also discuss discuss TV shows with supernatural elements in them (had to add this in there).