July 2012 Writing Contest- Enter at your own risk!
It’s that time for the July writing contest. We’ve gone past the one year mark now since the contest first started and I’m excited to see it has continued to have a good turnout. Past contests have had much cleaner topics, but after some requests were made I decided to open this one month to greater creative writing in the romantic department.
This month will be smut month, if you haven’t figured that out already. For this reason, if you are the slightest bit squeamish about erotic tales, you might want to bow out of this post now. Even the stipulations are more graphic than normal.
For those who are new to the contest, or haven’t participated in a while, pay close attention to all the details. The stipulations and rules are listed below. For further information, stop by the Monthly Writing Contest page to see the complete listing of rules and other information you should know (along with who the previous winners are).
You will have until July 30th at midnight (EDT) to submit your entry. On July 31st, I will announce the finalists for the contest and open up voting for three days. There are typically three finalists, but if more than ten entries are submitted, I may select four. It remains my right to use assistance from outside sources in the selection process, if I cannot decide easily. Those who judge will have no stake in this contest or its outcome.
Now, here are the stipulations, prizes and rules (there is one new one). Follow all guidelines closely or you will be disqualified!
The first and second place winners will each receive a prize. First place will receive a $20 Amazon gift card, and the runner-up will get a $10 Amazon gift card. Both will be announced after voting is over on July 2nd.
*Warning this month’s stipulations are of a graphic nature*
1) The theme is smut. Must involve a sex scene between at least two consenting adults.
2) There should be a black ribbon involved at some point in the story.
3) Cannot take place on a bed. Interesting locations get a bonus.
4) The following words/phrases must not appear in the story unless you are willing to use all of them:
–man-root, white liquid/cream, phallus, cunt, bazooms, “hot throbbing center of her fiery core”, tatortots, mighty tool, manly tool, tender tool, clammerjammer, Black and Decker, Gizmo, “ploughing of her fertile bottomland”, drool, turgid, honeypot, snapper, coconuts, oozing, saturate, meatsicle, heat seeking love missile, suppurating.
Note– All of the words above were suggested by Amazon Top Reviewers with very active imaginations when I asked them several months ago. Yes, I laughed while typing it up for this contest.
5) The below statement must be pasted at the top of your entry:
“THE FOLLOWING STORY CONTAINS GRAPHIC SCENES OF A SEXUAL NATURE. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!”
6) Word count: 450-850 Words
1) No extreme language. There are people here who do not want to see it and I prefer we not have anything that might be too offensive to the average reader. Light profanity is acceptable. *Waived for July 2012 Writing Contest*
2) Making me laugh will gain you favor in my selection, though it isn’t a requirement. All genres of writing are welcome (if you are erotica, try to keep it mild please).
3) Post your story in the comments section of this post. Do not email it to me.
4) Ensure you include your name (even if it is only a first name or nickname) and a title for the story. Neither of these go toward word-count.
5) Anyone who has won a prize in any of the last three months is not eligible for a finalist position. They can submit a story if they wish, just for fun, but they cannot win.
6) Any story submission posted here can be posted elsewhere AFTER the competition is over. The only thing I ask is that you put a disclaimer saying that it was written for a contest on this blog (a link back here would be nice).
7) Must be your original writing that has never been published or posted elsewhere prior to this.
8) You are allowed to email me about ONE typo mistake/word change per contest that I will go in and fix for you. Anything beyond that will remain “as is”. In the past I did not fix any so be grateful you get one now. ***New Rule***
9)Anyone may enter the contest (regardless of country of origin) but must be able to receive an Amazon gift card (they are not transferable). I will convert US currency to the currency of the Amazon country site requested, based on current exchange rates.
10) In the event of a tie during the finalist voting round, I will ask (at a minimum) three previous winners who are not involved in this round of the contest to vote anonymously (via email to me) and use the majority of their votes to make the decision on who will win.
That is everything you need to know. Come back on Tuesday (July 31st) to see who the finalists are and vote in the poll for your favorite candidate (or maybe even yourself). The poll will stay open until midnight (EDT) Thursday, August 2nd. That is approximately three days for voting. On Friday, the 3rd, I will announce the winner and runner-up. They will both receive their Amazon gift cards at that time via email. Good luck!