Five little words…
I know I haven’t been blogging as much as I usually do. It’s been a busy time for me with finishing up my manuscript revisions, mastering the art of writing a synopsis, and querying literary agents. Now that stuff is mostly done (except hearing back from agents), and I’m trying to get caught up on book reviews and doing MS critiques for other writers.
Regardless, I wanted to do something fun on the blog where anyone could participate. There won’t be another monthly writing contest until October, but we can do some mini ones until then. These will have less pressure and more freedom for creativity.
Here are the rules:
1) Write a story or poem of any length so long as it contains the following words:
2) Must have a title at the top and your name (whatever you want to be called).
3) You can make the required words plural or change their tense as needed. If the term has multiple meanings, pick whichever one you want to use so long as it is in the dictionary. You can even combine it with other words.
4) You have until Friday, August 17th at 6pm (EDT) to place your entry here on this post as a comment. That would be 11pm on Friday for the Brits and 8am on Saturday for the Aussies (yes, I painfully did the math).
5) I will pick the winning entry on Saturday and announce it on a separate post. That person will have the choice of one of the following prizes:
- Getting their own blog post where they can either put up on excerpt of their book (with link to online booksellers), talk about a random topic (must be approved first), or put up a short story they wrote and want to share.
- Get their book cover put up on this blog for a period of seven days (like you see Angela Wallace’s up now).
- A 2000 word critique for their WIP. This will be done privately through exchanged emails.
- An interview that will be posted within one week where I will ask questions about you as an author, artist, or whatever it is you do and want to talk about so much that you would choose this option.
- A review you wrote for a book/product posted as its own blog entry (within one week).
That is everything you need to know. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. I’ll sort them out from the entries.