Writing Contest- Test your Skills!
As a fun way to challenge writers out there, I am offering an opportunity to showcase your unique abilities. There is no requirement you be a published author, everyone is welcome to submit a story. The contest will be open until 8pm Wednesday night (June 29th).I will select the top three stories and open them for voting after the contest is over in a separate blog post (hopefully I can narrow it down to three). Of course, I can’t make this too easy so there are some rules. Follow these closely or you will be disqualified!
1) The submission must be between 250-600 words. I will allow no more than a five word variance from this. If you include a title, the words in that do not count toward the total.
2) You must include a FROG and VIOLIN in the story. They do not have to be central elements, but must make some kind of notable appearance.
3) No foul language. There are people here who do not want to see it and I prefer we not have anything that might be too offensive.
4) Making me laugh will gain you favor in my selection, though it isn’t a requirement.
5) Post your story here in the comments section. Do not email it to me.
6) Ensure you include your name (even if it is only a first name or nickname) at the end of your work. That does not go toward word-count either.
That is everything you need to know. Come back Wednesday night to see who the final contestants are. If your story is among them, you can vote for yourself only once. The poll will stay open until Friday when I announce the winner. That person will receive a $10 Amazon gift card. If you have any questions, you may email me for clarification.